As part of our Halloween decorations we did a craft that I discovered through Pinterest of wrapping glass jars in gauze to turn them into mummies. This craft is perfect for me because I like to wash out glass jars and reuse them as cups, pen holders and for assorted storage so we have lots around the house.
- Grab some glass jars, gauze, sponge/cotton balls, modge podge, scissors and googly eyes
- Cut the gauze into thin strips (think mummy sized)
- Apply the modge podge to the exterior of the jar
- Cover the jar with layers of gauze (it will stick to the modge podge)
- Seal the layers of gauze by dipping the last corner in modge podge
- Attach the googly eyes using modge podge
Now you can put them out as is, or pop in some candles and you have some fabulous spooky candle holders.